Friday, January 29, 2010

The Peels of the Orange

This morning I peeled an orange. I peeled it in 72 pieces. I once peeled an orange in 1 smooth peel. The 72 peels represent today, fragmented, scattered, random, and I am ok with this. But the orange is juicy, and delightful. The inside is sweet and rewarding.

Tomorrow I will try to peel it in less pieces, making progress in a new day, not that there is any degree of complaint. Because today is beautiful, we are alive and influencing everybody, even when we don't know it. A former aquaintance told me that it makes him happy, uplifted and reassured when he sees me. He is recovering from a period of life in what his words described as "the gutter." He told me I gave him hope, for no real reason other than just seeing me. We talked, we will get coffee one day. I feel fulfilled, because that is what makes me happy in life, making other people happy. And I have achieved success.


My dog ate the peels. I don't think that is a bad thing. But it probably is.

No comments:

Post a Comment